LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Can a grandchild contest a grandparents will

Customer Question

can a grandchild contest a grandparents will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the time limit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we believe that will was made while grandparent was suffering early onset dementia
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solcicitor woth 20 yeasr exeporeicne. I iwl try to answer this fro you.
There is no rule preventing grandchildren from contesting a grandparent's will if there are grounds.
There is no time limit as such but you need to do it quickly as if probate is granted it will become harder to do.
The first step is usually to put a caveat on the estate before the grant of probate.
This is difficult technical law and you really need to instruct a lawyer (ideally a member of the Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists ACTAS) many of whom will do an initial interview for free and offer a no win no fee agreement.