13262538

My daughter a British Citizen lives in Miami FL with her US

My daughter a British Citizen lives in Miami FL with her US citizen husband and her daughter born in the USA with UK passport. She wishes to separate and come home to the UK, but is being threatened by her husband that he will deny her permission to travel to the UK. Can he do this, and what steps should she now take?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that your daughter will need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the Family Court to bring the child home to the UK.If he will not agree then I am afraid she will have to apply to the Family Court in Florida to deal with the matterI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare