How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

There, I am bisexual and have been in a relationship

Resolved Question:

Hi there,
I am bisexual and have been in a relationship with a man for the past 3 years. My female partner of ten years has been made aware of my 3 year affair with a man and has denied me access to my two young children.
I love my children beyond anything. I have a flexible working pattern and have been the primary carer during the day for the past two years since my former partner has a 9 - 5 job.
What are my rights and what are the primary risks to full access to my children.
Many thanks,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and are you named on the birth certificates
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,Thank you for taking my question. I may be at fault but I'm distraught at what's happened.My children are 2 and a half years and one month old. I am nsmed on both birth certificatesBest,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi GaryThe law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryThe fact that you have had a relationship with some one else does not change thatYou need to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation - if that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child arrangement Order setting out how the care of the children shoudl be shared between youPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions