13262538

There, I am bisexual and have been in a relationship

Hi there,
I am bisexual and have been in a relationship with a man for the past 3 years. My female partner of ten years has been made aware of my 3 year affair with a man and has denied me access to my two young children.
I love my children beyond anything. I have a flexible working pattern and have been the primary carer during the day for the past two years since my former partner has a 9 - 5 job.
What are my rights and what are the primary risks to full access to my children.
Many thanks,
Gary
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and are you named on the birth certificates
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,Thank you for taking my question. I may be at fault but I'm distraught at what's happened.My children are 2 and a half years and one month old. I am nsmed on both birth certificatesBest,
Gary
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi GaryThe law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryThe fact that you have had a relationship with some one else does not change thatYou need to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation - if that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child arrangement Order setting out how the care of the children shoudl be shared between youPlease ask if you need further detailsClare