Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have a question regarding making a formal

Customer Question

Hello,I have a question regarding making a formal Withdrawal Statement or not in a Domestic/Assault case. I didn´t lie in my statement that I first gave to the police. My boyfriend has anger management/jealousy issues but he is not dangerous. I know a lot of victims say this, but I´m not a victim per se- we have always had a dramatic and frankly quite volatile relationship.This incident- they got CCTV to support statements. We had been drinking quite a bit but had a nice evening. Then we started arguing about some idiotic thing. I pushed him first, then he slapped me back very hard. I had nose bleeds a couple of days before so even though he slapped me hard, my nose was extra vulnerable. So I bled from both nostrils, quite a bit. I got scared and wanted to get away from the situation so I hailed a taxi to just get away from the situation. He wouldnt let me in the taxi and held me back with quite a lot of force. I started crying and the taxi driver called the police. They arrived and arrested my boyfriend. He admitted slapping me and he is out on bail since 07.02.16 but not allowed to contact me.The police said they don´t think he is dangerous and that he is truly remorseful. Which I believe he is. He is a good person, an amazing teacher, he looked after his niece for two years when she was a toddler because her mother went into mental institution. I have gone from wanting to kick him out of the flat to wanting to reconcile. I really believe that he would never ever do this again and that this is a one off.So my problem is....Should I make a Withdrawal Statement and hope that CPS will drop the case? First hearing is on 21.02.16. Or should I make a Personal Victim Statement saying I love him, believe this is a one off and express what a nice human being he is?Truthfully I feel partly to blame for this whole incident. I pushed him first, he retaliated. Men are a lot stronger than women so he should not have done but he didn´t attack me unprovoked.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you done this before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean done this before? This is the first time he is in trouble with the law and he is 43 years old. We have never been in a situation like this before. I also have a clean record and I´m a good citizen from a decent background.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Called the police to a personal dispute?