ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My son is 15years old and he hasn't wanted to see me

My son is 15years old and he hasn't wanted to see me for many years. I send him birthday cards and xmas cards every year and text him. this year I decided to go see him. I tried texting and calling the only number I had and was advised the number had been disconnected. I therefore went to the address and was told by the person living there that they had moved in 2 weeks ago and my ex wife and son do not live their. I pay and have always paid my CSA payments. how can I locate my son and what rights do I have if they move without telling me where?
Afzal
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Afzal Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask - has there been any court orders in relation to contact? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. the last time I saw my son was almost 4 years ago. I have been in and out of work but always paid CSA through my salary
Hello Thank you for your response. I am very sorry to hear what has happened. The best thing for you to do is contact the police and ask for them to locate your ex and your son and to confirm that they are safe and well. The police are unlikely to provide you with the contact details for them unless the mother says this is ok. As your son is now 15, the family courts are not going to entertain an application made by you in respect of an order being sought for you to spend time with your son. The family court may however make a prohibited steps order preventing the mother from removing your son from the UK jurisdiction - if the police cant locate them and you consider there is a risk that the mother may take your son abroad. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for your. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to rate my service so that I receive credit for helping you today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Caroline. I will see if the police can locate them.
thanks again for your assistance.
Afzal
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further. Kind RegardsCaroline