13262538

What is the typical range of % of net income awarded as

What is the typical range of % of net income awarded as spousal maintenance?
(25 yr marriage, spouse not working)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiSpouse maintenance is not percentage based.It is based on the "reasonable needs" of the spouse receiving the maintenance as against income capacityThere is however a very very old rule of thumb - no longer referenced by the courts - that the income of the lower income spouse shoudl be a third of the joint incomeHowever there is great room for interpretation as child maintenance could arguable be counted as part of thatClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thx - I am in a variation application. At this point my ex receives 24% of net income. With the net income varying - does it follow quasi-automatically that 24% of the new net income will be the precedent for the revised maintenance amount?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiNo not at allClare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiNo not at allClare