13262538

I am asking on behalf of a friend. She is French but was married

I am asking on behalf of a friend.
She is French but was married to an English man and lived and worked in England. She then returned to France to live with the father of her young daughter. He is also French. They split and he has joint custody although he was abusive to my friend. She now wants to return to live in England. Can she or will she be arrested?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you mean she wishes to bring the child to the UK?If so she will need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the French Courts.If she comes without either then yes she is at risk of an arrest for abductionPlease ask if you need further detailsClare