13262538

My Wife was employed by SWEB and died over 2 years ago. If

My Wife was employed by SWEB and died over 2 years ago. If I was to remarry would I lose the widows pension I receive.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you have a copy of the Pension Rules?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need to request these first - indeed you may actually have themWho administers the pension for the SWEB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I can find is the monthly pay statements. These are from Western Power Distribution, Elliott Road Plymouth PL4 0SD.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the last annual statement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cannot find it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The starting point is to conduct the pension Provider and ask for a copy of the Rules as the answer to your question is specific to that pension scheme.I have traced what I believe to be the scheme rules online herehttp://pensions.forecms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/RULES-January-2012.pdfand if I am correct that these are the rules then you can retain the pension after remarriagePlease ask if you need further detailsClare