Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Do i have rights to stopping my 16 year old daughter from living

Do i have rights to stopping my 16 year old daughter from living with her father he has a very bad drinking problem and has mental heath issues to he wants to live in a caravan with her he hasn't been much of a father over the last 6 years in supporting the children nor paying me any money for them i do have a full resident order with all 3 of my children plus also there are social workers involved with me as my 16 year old daughter is refusing to go to school
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. As your daughter is 16 years old you will not be able to pursue an application to court to prohibit her living with him. This is because the courts only make orders for children until the age of 16. The courts only get involved with 16-18 year olds in exceptional circumstances, such as if your daughter has learning disabilities. The residence orders you have in place will remain in place until the age stated on the order (16 years old in the majority of circumstances). Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.