How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34589
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I had the final hearing in my application to vary last

Resolved Question:

I had the final hearing in my application to vary last friday - and the judge said he will issue judgment tomorrow. Today my ex wife lawyers want to introduce additional evidence. Is that even possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionTo do this they will need the permission of the Judge - and you can oppose that application if necessaryThey will need to explain why the information is relevant - and why it was not produced last Friday.Clare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I write to the judge directly or to them directly that I oppose any new evidence bring introduced?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Write to the court confirming your objection and copy it to the lawyers
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you