13262538

I have inherited a property after my father's death. I lived

I have inherited a property after my father's death. I lived with him for 14 years as his primary carer. It was my main residence. I didn't own or part own the property. Do I have to pay Capitol Gains Tax when I sell the property? If so, how much. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen did you inherit the property and who lives there now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father died on the 30/11/2015 I still live her with my sister. I inherited 1/3 of the property I think on the day he died. Im a joint executor.Probate hasn't finished, but I'm concerned about Capitol gains tax. Will I get relief if this is my primary residence? I'm unsure. Thank you for your help. Marcus.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When do you intend to sell the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the summer of 2016. Do I have to own the property for two years to get relief ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have no need to worry about CGTYou will get relief on any increase in value between now and then because it is your primary residence Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Have a pleasant night. Kindest regards.Marcus.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome