13262538

My partner is from Latvia (me UK) we have 3 children.

My partner is from Latvia (me UK) we have 3 children. The eldest child is my stepson and has his biological fathers last name.
My stepson has been in the UK for 5 years now ( as been in a English school for 4 years)
His biological father as made no contact with are son in these 5 years including birthdays and Christmas.
When my stepson first came to England my partner tried to get his biological father to have at least some contact with him (by phone, Skype.) for nearly 2 years but he wanted nothing to do with them.
Do we still need are stepsons biological fathers agreement to change his last name.
My stepson is 8 yrs old and it is he as well as me and my partner that wants his name changed.
Thank you for any input.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you I am afraid that under UK law you do still need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the Court if you wish to change his last namePlease ask if you need further details