Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I need to file absolute tomorrow along with statement

Customer Question

Hi i need to file for degree absolute tomorrow along with statement of truth as it's been 12 months and 15 days the degree nisi announced the reason for delay was the respondant went out of country for medical reasons and recently come back is there a standard format I should follow if there is where can I find it
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. There is no standard form that you need to follow. The statement of truth is usually in the form of a statement explaining the reasons that there has been a delay to the application for Decree Absolute. You need to include your full name and address in the statement, and at the end you can state ‘I believe that the facts stated in this statement are true.' You can submit this along with your application for Decree Absolute. If your divorce petition was filed on or after 1 July 2013 is no fee for Decree Absolute. If it was filed before 1 July 2013 there is a £50 court fee for Decree Absolute. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.