Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My divorce came in the post a few weeks ago but the money matters

Customer Question

My divorce came in the post a few weeks ago but the money matters where never sorted. We both still own the marital home and my husbands pension was never split and I never claimed spouse's maintenance as he was paying part of the mortgage. The house has been rented for quite a few year he also pays my daughter maintenance but that will stop soon due to her being 18 but still at college. I've been disabled all of my married life and didn't work and he always paid the mortgage and my money paid for the other family needs. My question is do I have any rights to his pension or help from say spouse allowance after divorce has now been finalised.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen was the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29th June 2015
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - just to check - when did you find out about this