Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My grandma passed away in 0ct 15 leaving myself as her nearest

Customer Question

My grandma passed away in 0ct 15 leaving myself as her nearest blood relation along with my step grandfather. The will of which i have a copy left me a share of 95% on a number of bank accounts and shares and 5% to an estranged brother. Joint assets isa's house etc were left to my step grandfather. I personally delivered both my fathers and grandmothers death certificates to the solicitors who were appointed in the will as executer following my fathers passing. Sine then (getting on for 5 months) i have had no contact from the solicitor my calls and emails requesting updates have gone unanswered only two of each I have not been ringing every day!. The solicitor is based 200+ miles away my step grandfather does not want me contacting them and personally calls in but is not trust worthy and doesn't seem to get any answers also items given to me in his presence in my grandmothers last weeks but were not retrieved at the time family jewellery from 3+ generations etc have now been sold the situation is cordial but bordering frosty. My question is: is there any thing i should be doing to protect my position with regards ***** ***** trying to work things in their favour, should i get a professional to contact the solicitor to ensure things are progressing as they should and to get an update or sit tight stop worrying and let it run its course?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but need some further information firsthave you checked to see if Probate has yet been granted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not how can i check this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just did the online check and no match was found
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Ok With regard to the jewelry was this not left to you in the Will?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was left to my farther in the will but he has passed away, it was then 'given' to me in my step grandfathers presences but i said i would take it when the time came not right away as it didn't seem right my mistake!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you written to the Solicitors pointing this out?