Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I'm not married have recently separated from my partner, my

I'm not married have recently separated from my partner, my son is 3yrs old she wont let me see him what can I do
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Unless the mother has concerns about the level of care you provide your son she cannot reasonably stop contact between you. Your son has a right to a relationship with you which includes seeimg you. Initially you should inform her in writing that your son has a right to a relationship with you and make a proposal for whem he should spend time with you. If she does not respond or agree, then you should make a referral to an independent mediator to assist (you can find local mediators here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). If she does not attend mediation, or mediation does not work, you will nees to pursue an application to your local family court using form c100 and a £215 court fee. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating as I will not receive credit for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you