Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My divorce settlement was agreed 3 years ago and signed by

my divorce settlement was agreed 3 years ago and signed by a judge. It was agreed on the balance of my pension pot so my ex got the house and a lump sum to make up the equivalent. in 3 years the house which is still in my name partly has rocketed in price. is it fair for her to reap the benefits of this housing boom which could not have been forseen.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, a lump sum or property transfer made in a final financial order as part of divorce cannot be varied unless there has been dishonesty or fraud in the proceedings. Furthermore, unforeseen circumstances are not grounds for variation.Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. I have found it very useful if not the answer I wanted to hear.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No worries - if you have any further questions in the future you can ask for me directly by addressing your message For Harris. In the meantime please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you