Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife has just locked me out of the house as I've come home

My wife has just locked me out of the house as I've come home from work she has recently recovered from tubercular meningitis of the brain and I've noticed she has a lot of mood swings and regularly get verbal abuse ,we have a 3 year old son who also came back from holiday to Africa with ttuberculosis of the lungs ,last week I noticed the boys birth certificate and passport,and our marriage certificate r missing I think she is up to something,I don't mind leaving but worried for my son as she is on very heat meds and to me her state of mind is not right,is it possible to have custurdy of my son .
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Legally she is not allowed to change the locks or prevent you from occupying the home unless there is a court order in place. If you cannot reach her or get back in, you should call the police on non-emergency 111 line for assistance. In relation to custody regarding your child, you are entitled to apply to court for a child arrangement order for him to live with you (which is a residence order), but your wife will be involved in the proceedings and the court will decide, based on all the factors of the matter, what is in your son's best interests.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you