Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can you please advise me. I have recently seperated from

Customer Question

Hi can you please advise me. I have recently seperated from my civil partner. We had a legal civil partnership 9 years ago and have been living together for 15 years in total. She is refusing to sell the property as it is in her name and she wants to keep the house even though I have paid half of the mortgage and bills every month for 15 years. She has apparantly applied for a remortgage 6 weeks ago to buy me out my share but im unsure how true this is. I have had free legal advice and understand I am entitled to 40%of the property's value as she paid 5 years into the mortgage prior to our relationship. She states she will only pay me what she can afford as she has outstanding debts to clear and a bad credit rating. Please advise as how to get my entitlement thankyou Lisa
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm what the value of the property is and what the current mortgage is.Do either of you have any other assets or liabilities?Is the property in joint names between you, or sole name of one of you?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please can you provide the information requested so that I can assist you.