12826847

What would you do about a situation whereupon two women, a

Customer Question

What would you do about a situation whereupon two women, a mother, about 40, and her fourteen year old daughter, are receiving free illegal travel on the buses. They phone the bus driver, my partner, using their mobiles, and summon him to the bus-stop to collect them. It is against bus company rules and the law to use your mobile phone whilst driving. The person who trains the new bus drivers is in his sixties and used to know the mother, but is no longer involved with her. He is instructing the new bus - driver recruits to give these two women free travel ! The bus company know nothing of this deception. He is supposed to be a 'mentor' to the new employees, and set some sort of standard, not encourage the men to break the law. The fourteen year old girl sends my partner 'loving' texts, and has been doing so for years, no doubt to increase the likelihood of receiving continuing free travel. This has caused me intense distress. My partner is 43, and exchanging texts and calls with a child is 'grooming', and worrying for all sorts of reasons. He has worked for the bus company for two years, since the child was 12. The child seems to have developed a 'crush' on my partner. The mother and her daughter are using the bus company as their personal free taxi service, and this situation has been going on for years. The mother said she had asked my partner to mind her daughter on his bus,when he first started working there two years ago, whilst she went to her 'bingo' evening. I could not believe it. Bus drivers are most certainly not supposed to act as 'child minders', or indeed to give free rides to the public.
My partner has a criminal record for assault and battery to a woman,his former wife, and also theft. I have seen his CRB check, and he was dismissed from his previous job working in a care home, because the managers there sent for his CRB report, and sacked him. His current employer has not sent for a CRB check, but I am sure they would not continue to employ him should they know this information. My partner attacked me physically last week, and also threw objects at me with great force, he then took a hammer to smash his mobile phone, when I told him that the fourteen year old girl had sent an intimate text to his phone. He clearly had not seen it to delete it in time. What should one do about these women who are causing such havoc and intense distress in the lives of others, and who have been stealing from the bus company for many years. How does one put a stop to this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
What is your involvement in this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am the partner of the bus driver who is giving the free lifts to the two women mentioned in my account, and to others too, such as groups of gypsy girls that the other bus-drivers refuse to allow on board their buses because they do not pay their fares.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Ok. But you don't work for the company?And have no direct involvement?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not work for the company, but the behaviour of the behaviour of the women is causing myself and my family great distress. It is also putting the men under pressure to provide free illegal travel, and causing difficulties at work.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
But surely the men can just refuse?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One would have thought so, but it seems the woman and her daughter would then create a grand commotion and complain to the older 'mentor' who had told the men to give the women free rides. He would cause bad feeling in the work place .. even though he was acting illegally. It seems the men are under pressure to do as he says, and to stand out from the crowd, so to speak', would be hard, especially as they have already behaved illegally giving free lifts.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Are you hoping to take action without it impacting upon the men?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It will inevitably impact on the men .. they gave the free lifts, albeit under a degree of pressure. They could, and should, have stood up for themselves, and for the correct procedures. If anything, they should have reported the 'mentor' to the general manager.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
Yes, they should.You could make a report about this to the company. It would seem that the likely outcome though is that everybody would deny it and that would probably be accepted. It is very unlikely that the men are going to put their hands up and the women cannot be questioned by the company if they do not work there.The police will not be interested I'm afraid.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
I suppose the fact of the report might bring it to an end though.