13262538

I have been separated from my partner of 14 years (same sex

Customer Question

I have been separated from my partner of 14 years (same sex partner with no civil ceremony). We have three children together, all conceived through the same donor in Australia and all born in Australia (so they are brothers on the fathers side although I have birth to one child and she gave birth to twins). I stayed at home and raised all three babies for 7 years before we separated due to her having an affair. I've been having all three boys every other weekend and she has them on alternate weekends. She has now decided I cannot have the twins overnight, without any reason behind this decision. Can she do that? Do I have any rights to claim time with these boys, particularly as my son is their legal brother by blood?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you all now live in the Uk - and how old are the children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We all live in the UK now. My 11yr old son and I have permanent residency, and the 8yr old twins have dual citizenship as my ex is English
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The issue for the court is the best interests of the children.You have been the parent of these chidlren their entire lives and it is clearly in their best interests for the current arrangements to continue.You should try and discuss matters with your ex using family mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukif that fails you will need to apply to the court for permission to apply for a Child Arrangement Order - which will be grantedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details