Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I put my sons name on my deeds and he now pays half the mortgage.

Customer Question

I put my sons name on my deeds and he now pays half the mortgage. We remortgaged
to clear all our debits. He would like to buy my half of the house, how do we go about it?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is he paying a market rate for your half of the house? Will he obtain a mortgage? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is paying half the mortgage and will hopefully obtain a mortgage. We don't know what steps we take when
we are in a position for him to buy me out. I would like to know if it is possible for this to be achieved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we go ahead with this, he will pay the market price less 1/2 the mortgage we took out - I think that is what
we agreed.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. This is possible - all you need is a solicitor to arrange the transfer of the legal title into your name. What you wont be able to do is take your name off the mortgage without the banks consent. Presumably will your son start paying the whole mortgage on completion?