13262538

Does a sibling ages 16 have any legal right to see his half

Customer Question

Does a sibling ages 16 have any legal right to see his half siblings
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Yes, half-siblings have a right to a relationship with each other, however at 16 the child is too old to be subject to court proceedings and is a decision for them to make. Please let me know if you have further questions about this. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating as I will not be credited with answering your question without one. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.A 16 year old is entitled to ask the court for permission to apply for contact with half siblings - and it is likely that the the Court will agree.However in terms of the application it is the needs of the half siblings and NOT the 16 year old which will be the priority for the courtThe starting point remains Family MediationPlease ask if you need further details