13262538

I have split from my partner, not married, we have 3 children.

I have split from my partner, not married, we have 3 children. She has stayed in the house but it is mortgaged in my name. I want to move her and the children out into a rented property and am prepared to find a property that's local and is of the same standard as the one she currently lives in and help financially with the deposit and initial rent
I would like to move back into the property and improve it for sale and then buy another property.
At the moment I am stuck renting, where do I stand.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. How old are the children? What will the arrangements be for them?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you The problem that you face is that under Schedule 1 of the Children Act you are under a duty to help you house the children until they are 18 and the family court will see staying in a property that you own as being the best way of ensuring safe and stable accommodation for them.If you wish to persuade her to move out you will need to remind her that if she stays in your house then when your youngest is 18 or she cohabits she will leave with nothing - and offer her a lump sum that will make it worth her while to move out.You can discuss this with her using Family mediationPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All understood.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - good luck