Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband has just come home from hospital and needs a care

Customer Question

My husband has just come home from hospital and needs a care package which he will have to pay for. Unfortunately his money is all in his name and I don't have Power of Attorney. How can I access these costs, or, if I pay them myself can I get the money spent deducted from the money he leaves when he dies intestate? He seems to have an element of dementia now as he is wandering around our flat all hours of the day and night and 'I can't remember' is his stock answer to any thing I ask him.
I'm not completely stupid it is just that when we married nine years ago he was broke so powers of attorney and wills didn't seem relevant.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What money does he actually have?