13262538

My daughter and her partner (unmarried) bought a flat about

My daughter and her partner (unmarried) bought a flat about 2 years ago in which they made £30000 equity, they are now looking to buy a bigger house as my daughter is pregnant with her second child. The bank will not lend them enough money due to her change in circumstances to buy the bigger house. If I choose to gift or loan my daughter the extra monies, is it possible to have a document or contract drawn up to safeguard my and my daughters interests?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYes so long as they are not married your daughter will be able to protect her interest and yours with a Declaration of Trust confirming thatshe is entitled to a greater share of the equity when the property is soldPlease ask if you ned further detailsClare