13262538

Child contact

Child contact
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for contacting usMy name is ***** ***** do you have a specific question for us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have parental responsibility for my daughter aged 1, my partner has moved out and is refusing contact, I have contacted and attended a mediation session and my partner or ex now has been invited and has to make a decision in 14 days, the problem I have is we have no contact despite me asking and she has lived with us both for the last year, I have agreed to any routines and told her that I am entitled but I am just ignored, what are my options as it's killing me not seeing her and she's so young she will forget me before long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you by the way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the longer this goes in the less knowledge I have of her routine which will obviously be questioned in a family court, this puts me in a complete disadvantage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 further points both my partner and I have been questioned by the police over domestic violence, the accusation against me was rightfully dropped and I retracted my statement saying to the police that I wanted to try and get counselling for us, the social services have said if we are living together then they would put our daughter in a protection scheme and visit us for a number of weeks to access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since that point she has stayed away and I told her that I had the right to see my daughter, she blocked overnight stays and now all contact based on her opinion that I would not bring her back, she is from the Czech Republic and I am British with my daughter born and registered here. I am concerned she may flee the country.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how this works so let me know if you need my email address or something?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If your ex refuses mediation, or mediation breaks down, you will then be ale to make an immediate applictaion to the court for a Child Arrangement Order toset out the time that your daughter spends with you.The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryYour daughter will not forget you, and your lack of knowledge of any new routines will not be held against youWhen you make the application for the Child Arrangement Order you will need also need to apply for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the child being removed fromthe UK.Please ask if you need further detailsClare