Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Been to family court before with my ex boyfriend there was

Customer Question

Been to family court before with my ex boyfriend there was a case for DV but nothing came of it as there wasn't much evidence the order was from the 20th Dec for me and dad to decide now dad is being abusive again telling me I have no rights to go to my sons doctors appointments and made a show out of me in front of our son all the staff seen this and I have spoke to police about it they have told me to see a solicitor again can I stop dad seeing our son until I have this in place to take this back to court again ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As the mother of the child, you have parental responsibility and you have a right to be involved in relation to hospital appointments. How old is your son and what are the arrangements for him to live/see you and the father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 3 next week.From the 20th of December 2015 the arrangement was for us to discuss the amount of time spent with father which was agreed at 7 out of 14 days.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - you only have grounds to suspend child arrangements if there are child protection concerns from the father towards your son. You cannot suspend the arrangements because there was an issue about the father not allowing you to go to his doctor's appointment. In the first instance I would suggest that a formal letter is written to the father reminding him that you have parental responsibility and you are to be involved in such appointments.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited with answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wasn't the doctors appointment alone, that has caused me to seek advice on this.
I have over 30 voice recordings of the father and myself at the meeting where he has been aggressive, threatening and try to dictate to me what is going on.
He constantly has something to have a go at me, things like holes in socks, to him looking tired when I drop him off.
Police have been involved in regards ***** ***** incident at the doctors surgery and when they spoke to me they said it is a form of domestic abuse.I do not want to see him face to face after the doctors incident as I fear that he will be threatening towards me I front of our child again.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I would suggest that in the letter you also request that handover for contact and other reasons is done by a mutually agreed third party so that you do not come into contact with each other.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited with answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you