13262538

My son is married to a Polish girl who is jealous of my relationship

My son is married to a Polish girl who is jealous of my relationship with my son since their marriage 5 years ago. Whilst I worked with her and unfortunately "got them together" she was lovely. Approximately 2007. In 2012 to enable my daughter in law to go back to work, I cared for my grand daughter 5 days a week,she was 6 months old. This care dropped to 2 days a week alternating with nursery.
One day a week was with her cousin 2 years older both in my care. The cousin (now nearly 6) has not seen her since before Christmas, and cries because she has never seen the baby.
In October 2013 I was falsely accused of cutting her hair. Again and again. I have never and would never do anything to jeapodise our relationship. There seems nothing I can do to prove I am not lying.
In October 2015 a grandson was Bourne. I have only seen him fleetingly twice since his birth.
I have all correspondence between my daughter in law. Friendly and kind.
I have recently bought her a gift for her birthday last week, which she has refused.
My son is the youngest of my 3 sons and we are estranged, and he from his 2 brothers. As I have not connected with the new baby boy it is easier, but I am heartbroken and ageing at the loss of my approx 4 year old .
I am resigned to the loss of my son to a different culture but not my grandchildren.
Are there any rights for me?
With grateful thanks in anticipation of any advice.
Margaret Newman
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHo wold is your granddaughter and when did you last see her?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My granddaughter is 3 years 8 months. She visited me on Sunday 28 February with her Father, no baby. This was the first time since 14 Dec 2015Margaret
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
You will have to pay extra for a phone call - is that what you wish?Have you spoken to your son about the problem?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not wish to pay extra, so no phone call. Yes my son does not talk to me. I think he is afraid that his family will be taken to Poland.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please advise me what my £36 covers?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
The amount that you have paid/offered covers all the interactions we have in this forum - just not the phone calls - so just ignore the various pop ups that the site sends youWhat did he say when he came lat week?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Always frosty and me trending on eggshells. He gets very cross with the little girl if she takes too long to get ready to go and she wants to stay. If I do not wish to continue after my free trial or use any other department, why have I paid £36 or is that after the trial. Sorry confused.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Clare
I wish to notify PayPal that I wish to stop subscribing. Please inform me that it is cancelled from your end.
I do not think there is anything I can do that will not exacerbate the situation and hope my help will be needed before too long.
Thank you for your time so far.
Margaret Newman
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
I will ask customer services to deal with your worries about a monthly paymentIs there anyone in the family who oculd help you talk to him?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear ClareAll the family are horrified and have also become estranged from them because of his accusations. A close friend of the boys has tried. Only court proceedings seem the way forward, but I cannot put myself through any more hurt and expense. Do I call it a day with your advice and try to continue with the love from my other two sons and the other 2 granddaughters - 17 years and 6 years.? How can I prove my innocence?
M
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Margaret do try and hold on.You are keeping the lines of communication open which is great.It may be time to stop thinking about who is right and who is wrong and simply ask if you can move past the misunderstanding and build a new relationship.It may help if someone other than you reassures your son that his ex cannot take the chidlren out of the country without his permissionIn terms of the court process your granddaughter is entitled to continue her close relationship with you and the court would give you permission to apply for contact with you should you ask.The starting point would be to try and discuss matters with them using Family mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukYou may also find it helpful to ocntact the Grand parents associationwww.grandparents_association.org.ukI hope that this is of assistanceClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear ClareThank you for your latest reply and suggestion. I will persevere for the sake of the children.Kind regards. Margaret
Margaret