13262538

I own my own home. I am widowed and want to sign my house

I own my own home. I am widowed and want to sign my house over to my daughters. How should I go about this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstMay I ask how old you are and why you wish to do this?Is there a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 67 years old. There is no mortgage on the house, I own it outright. I have mobility problems and both daughter have moved back home to help look after me. I would like to sign over my house because I don't want the responsibility for the upkeep of a house
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I have to ask - is there any likelihood that you may need to go into a nursing home in the future?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not unless something unforeseen happens.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I ask because you do need to be aware that transferring the property does not necessarily mean that it will not be included in any financial assessment made by the local Authority should you need to go into a care home.That said the Transfer is simply a matter of form filling - if you wish to do it yourself I can give you the name of the forms, otherwise any high street solicitor should be able to assist youPlease ask if you do want further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcomeI am sorry to ask but unless i receive a positive rating I do not get my share of the fee - the site retains it all!