Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter's ex husband has narcissistic tendencies, and is

My daughter's ex husband has narcissistic tendencies, and is addicted to binge drinking. My daughter tries to protect the children as much as possible but he is taking her to court over more access and what worries me is - will CAFCAS regognise these narcissistic traights and understand the alcoholic side when the ex husband is such a good liar and manipulator. I am worried sick that the court will just give more access to the ex and children will be harmed
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. The CAFCASS officer will carry out background checks and interview your daughter and ex-husband. Your daughter will need to inform the CAFCASS officer of these concerns and consideration needs to be given as to whether alcohol testing and possibly a psychiatric assessment needs to be undertaken as part of the court proceedings. If the CAFCASS officer agrees, this recommendation will be made to the Court.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is helpful
Please do not take any more money off my card as I cannot afford to continue with this service