Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been divorced for @18 months now. In the terms

I have been divorced for @18 months now.
In the terms of 'our' financial settlement my ex wife recieved substantially more (@30k) as she was going to be the main 'carer' of our two children. Six months after the settlement she decided that she no longer wished to look after them and threw them out. They now both reside permanently with me and I only recieve a paltry amount of maintenance from her (£31 per month).!!
As the situation appears to have changed permanently now can I claim back the extra monies she recieved as I am now struggling financially .?
Tim
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. What was the exact settlement and was there any provision for you to pay spousal maintenance too?