13262538

My partner has 50/50 shared custody with her daughter's

Hi. My partner has 50/50 shared custody with her daughter's father (order agreed by a district judge) of her 2 year old daughter i.e. the child spends 7 nights out of every fortnight with each parent. She earns £23k per annum gross. Her daughter's father earns £65k+ gross per annum but is now refusing to pay child maintenance. Our understanding is that he will still have to pay some child maintenance, albeit not as much as before the order was in place (as the child lived with my partner for 5 nights a week and him for 2 nights a week). Could you confirm our understanding in principle please?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that where the care of the child is shared 50/50 then under the latest Child Support Rules your partner's ex doe snot have to pay any Child MaintenanceAccordingly unless there is an assessment already in place then no he does not have to payPlease ask if you need further detailsClare