13262538

I have been living with my partner years, my partner

I have been living with my partner for 5 years, my partner has 2 children who don't live with us, I have 4 children, 2 of my children do live with us, we are currently renting a house, but we are talking about moving into my own house which I own outright, no mortgage, would my partner his children be entitled to a share in my house when I die?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask:- - you are not married?- do you want your partner to have a share of your property if you were to pass away? Kind regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not married and I do not want my partner or children to have a share in my house, I want to make a will and leave my house to my 4 children, I live in Northern Ireland
Hello Thank you for your response. I am a Solicitor in England and the Laws are different here. I will opt out so that one of my colleagues can assist you. Kind Regards Caroline
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am continuing to wait for an answer
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you Since you are not married your partner will have no financial claim on the property UNLESS you allow him to pay for structural alterations or improvements to the property - or you take out a mortgage and allow him to pay towards it.HOWEVER in the event of your death unless your Will make some provision for his housing needs then he will be able to make a claim against your estateThis does NOT extend to his children.Accordingly you need to ensure that your Will includes some provision - even if it is only the right to live there for a year or two I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years