13262538

I am a father that is looking to spend more time whit

Hello, I am a father that is looking to spend more time whit my son. at this moment I pay child maintenance from the moment he was born even give the mother money to bay a house when on my son birth.
He spends 2 to 3 nights a week whit me the days she works in Christmas he always spend 24 whit her and 25 New-Years 31 whit her 1st whit me birthdays always hit her of course I will like this to be alternate but I am contented.
I will like to take him on holiday to my home country Portugal for summer for 19 days... My ex partner refuses to left me take him. but she goes on holiday to her home country Poland when ever she pleases for 20 days periods. What i can do to change this?
Thank you *****
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstAre you named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes my name is ***** ***** birth certificate. He was born on 07/11/2011 His name is*****
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You and your ex both have Parental Responsibility for the child and equal right to have him in your care.You each need the permission of the other to take the child out of the country - including holidaysto Poland.You need to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukto try and agree matters regarding a trip to Portugal.If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which includes a trip to Portugal.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about if the child have Polish ID and was born in uk does he still need permission from me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and how can I stop her to go poland if she do not left him go portugal?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes the fact that the child is Polish does not change matters.Within the Court application you can ask for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent hertaking the child out of the country
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but in example if she decides to take my son tomorrow to Poland on holiday I still cant stop her? i will always have to go for Court
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well