ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My soon to be ex-wife's partner has a recent history of domestic

My soon to be ex-wife's partner has a recent history of domestic abuse (convicted once as far as I know), drug addiction and also has a child restraining order against him. If her plans were to live with him (with the girls) would this give me a significantly better chance of full custody of my two girls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The domestic abuse case I know about was violence towards the property, I am not sure if there was physical abuse of the partner at the time. He was convicted and imprisoned.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. What you are saying about your ex wifes new partner would ring alarm bells in respect of children protection. I consider that you should seek further information as to his background. In the first instance - you should contact children's social care in your area. You should also contact your local police. If they consider that disclosure needs to take place - then they can choose to do this. The courts do consider that children have a right to a relationship with both of their parents unless there are child protection concerns. If the mother was to priortise her relationship with her new partner over your children and there were concerns that she was not able to protect the girls - then a court may order that your children need to be in your care. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today