Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I was married from march 1980, my husband left me August

I was married from march 1980, my husband left me August 2009 he applied for a divorce last year which I agreed to. He put as part of the divorce that he would give me £400 per month and sign the house (jointly owned) over to me so that I am the sole owner the divorce was finalised march 2015. He has paid the money regularly each month but has not sorted the house out yet what can I do about this please
Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales? Has the financial agreement been approved by the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in England and everything was approved by the court.
Thank you for confirming. Does it state in the court order when he should transfer the property to your sole name? Is there a mortgage on the property? If so, have you made enquiries with the mortgage company for it to be transferred to your sole name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no mortgage it is paid and the court papers just say that the agreement is I get the house
Thanks. I would suggest that you write to him initially to remind him that the court has made the order for a transfer of the property to your sole name and state that if he does not comply then you will be pursuing an application to court due to non-compliance with implementation of the agreement and that you will pursue costs of the application against him.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
HiMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family solicitor for more than 30 years.In fact it is you who needs to prepare the necessary paperwork for the Transfer of the property into your nameYou should arrange for a TR1 to be prepared and send it to him for his signature.If he does not sign THEN you can go to the Court to enforce the OrderClare