Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I was married from march 1980, my husband left me August

I was married from march 1980, my husband left me August 2009 he applied for a divorce last year which I agreed to. He put as part of the divorce that he would give me £400 per month and sign the house (jointly owned) over to me so that I am the sole owner the divorce was finalised march 2015. He has paid the money regularly each month but has not sorted the house out yet what can I do about this please
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales? Has the financial agreement been approved by the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in England and everything was approved by the court.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Does it state in the court order when he should transfer the property to your sole name? Is there a mortgage on the property? If so, have you made enquiries with the mortgage company for it to be transferred to your sole name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no mortgage it is paid and the court papers just say that the agreement is I get the house
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I would suggest that you write to him initially to remind him that the court has made the order for a transfer of the property to your sole name and state that if he does not comply then you will be pursuing an application to court due to non-compliance with implementation of the agreement and that you will pursue costs of the application against him.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family solicitor for more than 30 years.In fact it is you who needs to prepare the necessary paperwork for the Transfer of the property into your nameYou should arrange for a TR1 to be prepared and send it to him for his signature.If he does not sign THEN you can go to the Court to enforce the OrderClare