ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My ex has applied prohibitive steps order to

Customer Question

My ex has applied for a prohibitive steps order to stop me moving from Brighton where he lives to cardiff. I have a better chance of buying a house there and cannot afford to rent in brighton any more. He does not give me child support. What is my best move? Should I now say I will go to mediation? He attended one after I had been told by the service it would not go ahead as he said it was too costly. Then he made the application as I hadn't gone and he had. I can't afford legal frees but do not qualify for aid.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you today. Please may I ask - when is the first court hearing? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Friday
this Friday coming or Friday just gone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 18th
ok Have Cafcass contacted you yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
when are you planning to move? and when did you get notice of the hearing?
also how old is your child and what are the current arrangements for the child seeing their father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can We speak?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go out now sorry can we speak a bit later ?
Hello Yes - If you are happy with the offer - you can accept that. This will give me your phone number. Just tell me which time you would prefer me to call you. Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience: Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok at 4 please will accept offer now
4 is fine for me. speak to you later Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your welcomespeak later kind Regards Caroline
Hello Sorry - Normally the phone call requests come through as an offer from the customer rather than me having to send the offer - which means I can see your phone number. Please could you message me the number that you would like me to call you on? I will call as soon as this is received. Kindest Regards Caroline
Hello Vicky are you there? please can I have your contact number? Kindest Regards Caroline
Hello Vicky I Just need to nip out before town closes. If you could message me your number then I will call when I get back. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry just got yr message I am on ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes it's ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we do this tomorrow at ten thirty now as kids tea time etc?
Hello Yes - sorry I am back now. 10.30 tomorrow is fine. I have your number now. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello CarolineI have not received the link we discussed? My email is***@******.***Thanks
Hello Vicky Sorry - was just cooking lunch :-) These are the links I was telling you about: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/give-proof-of-a-referral-to-a-domestic-violence-specialist-support-service https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/give-evidence-of-injuries-consistent-with-domestic-violence Either letter will do. http://civil-eligibility-calculator.justice.gov.uk/ Please do not hesitate to ask if I can help you further. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you !
your very welcome :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi CarolineWe went to court last friday and the judge has ordered a second hearing. Cafcass still don't have the papers and say I must wait till they receive them from the court.The judge has said I must give a response by Tuesday giving my reasons for moving to cardiff. Details address schools etc and a contact plan. This goes to the court and a copy to the father.She also said we must both fill put a template that asks questions such as do you have any concerns about the others parenting, circumstances around your split up, etc.I rang the court to ask them if I needed to hand this in to court and the father tomorrow with the other statements and they said I do. I don't want to hand a copy to the father, the court still did not have the papers on the system and when I asked if he then had to hand me his template she said she didn't know , but said she did know I had to hand mine to him. This seems unfair as he will have till next Tuesday to make his response. Shall I keep hold of the template and hope for the best? Cafcass are attending court next Tuesday and we will both have our say before court.Sorry I hope you get the just of this. I couldn't organise any legal aid. He had some representation but spoke for himself. He lied I court and I am concerned that if he sees my template he will be angry and will lie about me to try to match it!Vicky
Hello Vicky I hope you are well. If you dont have the court order yet - can you recall - was you to prepare your statement first and then him after you? or was your statements suppose to be exchanged at the the same time? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't remember I don't think it was clear at court but I had a lot to think about. I think he was to have time to respond to my statement but I am not sure if that apllied just to the contact and details of move or to my template as well. I don't think it's at all fair if he does not have to write his template and hand it over at the same time.!?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The judge also said I am not to move until the second hearing on the 29th
Hello It isn't unusual for statements to be staged. If the court staff confirm that yours is first - then you should comply. The issues template - isnt something the Judges ask for where I am based - but I can see the logic. If you are unsure and the court staff cant answer - wait til you get the order. You can always explain in court that you sought clarification from the court staff as to the terms of exchange and they couldnt tell you. The Judge will understand. Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
fingers crossed for the 29th x
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ha yes mine are! x
Please do let me know how it goes or if I can help you further Kindest Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi CarolineI had a really bad outcome in court. The judge is unsympathetic to me and has ordered a s 7 assessment to be done. She didn't give a new hearing date and said to be done in 8 weeks. I have finished work and stand to loose my deposit on the house in cardiff and the kids school places. I have no job now and have to stay here unemployed. I can't believe it. The father seemed to get all the sympathy and consideration despite the jo child support or other significant input over the years. He is claiming I have turned the children against him and that I don't have a proper plan. The judge said she hadn't received my witness statement !! The court was in chaos. Do you think I can appeal? My son is refusing to go back to his school as he hated it. My daughter is saying she doesn't want to see her dad. All this looks bad on me. Should I get a solicitor and say the hearing was not considering the best interests of the children as it seems so to me.Vicly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you able to answer my last question ?Best wishesVicky
Hello VickySorry your last message didn't come through in my actions.I am so sorry to hear how the Judge has case managed this.Your best course of action is to comply with the S7 report. The kids wishes and feelings will speak for themselves. Create contingency plans for the move and explain to Cafcass the difficulties that the timetabling has caused to your initial plans.Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Caroline. I will do that I had come to think this would seem the best course of action.Best wishesVicky
Let me know how you get on x