13262538

I have recently divorced and plan on signing over my spanish

Customer Question

I have recently divorced and plan on signing over my spanish villa to my ex husband.
He is demanding I pay bills that have accumulated on the property, he has sent me a copy of the said bills I notice that they are all in his name .
Am I within my rights to refuse to pay ?
Sharon Kane
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** dd my best to help you but I need some further information first.Is there going to be a financial court order within a UK divorce?Do any of the bills relate to time you spent at the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Divorce in UK has already been finalised with no court action.
The bills are from the house over 2 years where I never attended however my ex continued to use it. I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been in the property since Nov 2014
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then under UK law you are certainly not responsible for the bills and there is no basis on which you should agree to pay them.Please ask if you need further detailsClare