How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2788
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Currently the home of two under five children is with both

Customer Question

Currently the home of two under five children is with both the Mother and Father.
They plan to separate on verbal agreement.
If the Father agrees that the Mother will take these children to the Mothers new residence for 4 days a week, and the children remain with their Father 3 days a week in their current home, can the Mother relocate with the children in another part of the country without the Fathers agreement ?
Also, how does the above arrangement affect where a child is considered resident?
Is it o.k. for children to have more than one residence?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question How old are the children? If the children were born after December 2003, the father has parental responsibility as his name is ***** ***** birth certificate. He will therefore need to be consulted if the mother wishes to relocate and if there is no agreement an application to Court will need to be pursued for a Specific Issue Order, and for the Court to decide whether it is in their best interest to relocate.Shared residence (which is now called a child arrangement order for where children are to live) can be made so that they both share "residence".Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you

Related Family Law Questions