Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If my partner put on a charge on the house as we are in the

Customer Question

If my partner put on a charge on the house as we are in the middle of a divorce - the decree aboalute has been issued just waiting for a consent order to be signed - can he do this at this late stage and what can I do about it as I'm in the middle of selling and buying a new home - i would have exchanged contracts by end of day today. His name isn't on the mortgage . The consent order which he hasn't signed as yet gives him ownership to put other house and me this one.
He has been dragging his feet regarding the consent order for over a month despite agreeing with it before
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?Please confirm the details of the charge - what is it for and what does it state on the title?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I may assist you