13262538

I own my property with the children's father and he now wants

I own my property with the children's father and he now wants the equity from the property my children aged 14 and 16 live with me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is now taking exams and my son is taking his moc exams and it is clearly not a good time to move house, we have a joint parental responsibility agreement and own the house jointly (not matrimonial home)..a base for the children until they leave home..kind regards...Louise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the house is held as tenants in common ..
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:-Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?-Are you married to the father?-Does the father have alternative accommodation?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is Clare and I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.The priority for the family court - whether within divorce proceedings or under Children Act proceedings is the safe and secure housing of the children until they are 18.Accordingly unless you are cohabiting OR the house could be sold and you would still have sufficient capital to purchase an alternative home for the children in the same school area then your ex will have to wait another four years for his share of the equity.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years