13262538

If my wife gives away her half of the sale of our house to

If my wife gives away her half of the sale of our house to our daughter, and she dies within the next 7 years, will that money still 'belong' to my wife, for purposes of sharing her wealth, either by her Will, or by lack of one?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help youNo the money will still belong to your daughter - but the amount of the gift will still be added to the estate for the purpose of assessing the liability of the estate for Inheritance Tax.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Clare, my fear is that if my wife doesn't make a will (she says she won't), my son will contest that he is due 50-50 with his sister.
Pete
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
He cannot do so since the gift would have been given prior to the death of their mother