Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter has been living with her partner odd years,

My daughter has been living with her partner for 20 odd years, They have never married or had children. They have lived in a flat owned by him alone but, are now purchasing a house together. If she is not on the deeds of the new house what are her legal rights if they should split up? She has her own property which is rented out but has made A WILL leaving her house to the partner,/
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I order to provide you a full answer please confirm if she lives in England or Wales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives in England
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As they are not married she will have no legal or beneficial interest in the home if her name is ***** ***** the title. Furthermore, if her name is ***** ***** the title of the property and she contributes towards the outgoings for property such as the mortgage, this does not raise an automatic interest in the property and, save for a formal signed agreement between them demonstrating this intention, it will be difficult and costly for her to prove such an interest in the event of a separation in the future.It is therefore important that she has her name on the title of the property that they are purchasing together.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you