Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband left me four months ago and now wants a divorce

Customer Question

My husband left me four months ago and now wants a divorce he says if I don't agree to it that he will force the sale of our home . My youngest daughter is still at home she is 21 and pregnant would the courts force us out of our home even though I will have a baby living here, my Grandaughter
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. He does not need your agreement to pursue a divorce if he relies on unreasonable behaviour, adultery or 5 years separation. If he were to apply under 2 years separation then he will need your signed consent.As part of the divorce, a financial settlement will need to be reached in respect of assets, income and liabilities - which will include the home. Please confirm:-who currently lives there with you and your daughter-whose name it is in-what other assets you both have-what both of your financial positions are-if you have any other children togther
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I may assist you