13262538

Divorced 5 years ex wife lived in property jointly owed court

Customer Question

Divorced 5 years ex wife lived in property jointly owed court awarded her 70% me 30% but now she's moved out if property leaving it unlocked and a huge mess looks like she left in a hurry what are my rights?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstAre you sure she has left permanently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she has moved into a address I know for certain I telephoned her last night.. I had to secure the house paid a locksmith because she left it open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She changed her address for council tax l I found letter open in the kitchen at the property, there are so many letters left in the kitchen unoped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the telephone conversation she just said that she having the house repossessed but it's only in arrears by £730 ? I'd like to move in and change the percentages of I can..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can I had advice I've not heard from you?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.Has she agreed to a sale of the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She wants to sell under value price.. been to property and it's in bad condition been a leak in the bathroom and gone through to kitchen damaged.. I'd like to move in and buy her out?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?Are there any minor children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 children 60k owing worth 140 I want to know if I rights to move in and pay mortgage buy her share?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Can you afford to buy her out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Her full 705%? (just for clarity)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She abandoned the property, I'd like to buy her out, I'd like to move asap what's my rights.. thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Provided you can obtain her release from the mortgage - and pay her her 70% of the equity - then there s no reason why you should not return to the property since it is clear that your ex has abandoned it.If she challenges this then you will have to make an applictaion to the court - but provided the finances are in place there is no reason why you should not succeedPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you most helpful out of sale of the house she's been ordered to pay me back 6K so I would be able to deduct this from the total..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes if that is what the order says