13262538

My son has recently been contacted by his ex partner. They

My son has recently been contacted by his ex partner. They had a child in 2012 but the relationship broke Dow a few weeks after the baby was born. His ex partner said she wanted nothing from my son and there has been no contact with her or the child. She contacted him about a month ago and said she wanted the child to have contact with him. There have been 3 contacts since then, his ex partner is now asking for maintenance and my son is prepared to pay the weekly amount using the case child maintenance calculator. However she is saying he will have to pay from the date of the child's birth (4 years). She has not contacted the CSA previously - will my son have to pay 4 years arrears of weekly payments?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youNo there is no basis on which maintenance is backdated in this wayThe CMS (new CSA) can only backdate a claim to the time they were fist applied toPlease ask if you need further detailsClare