Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter is divorced, sh has two children, one who is nearly

Customer Question

My daughter is divorced, sh has two children, one who is nearly nine and has had on off contact with his father, she had a lapse in her control and she now has a 11 wk baby.. he is now saying he wants DNA test and is going to force her to have baby tested .. he has been violent in the past.. he has had no contact with the baby only seeing him a couple of times never alone.. he has paid nothing toward baby, does pay for older child, has not seen him for 5 weeks, where does my daughter stand and can he force her to let him see him ,.. he is not on birth certificate
What are her rights.. very worried due to past...
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. He cannot force her to undertake a DNA test for the baby. If she does not voluntarily agree, the only way he can go about obtaining a DNA test is to submit an application to court for the court to make a decision regarding the testing.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating.