Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My sister having some problem with her husband and she

Customer Question

My sister having some problem with her husband and she decided to get divorce. He is verbally and visually abuse her. One occasion she had to called the police and he was in police custardy for one day ( rereleased him without charge ) . He owned the house but he is not working, my sister pays the mortgage. they have 12-year-old child. I would like to know can I go to the court without a solicitor. If yes, please advise me how? because of the child I do not know what to do . she is not qualify for legal aid .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my bets to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the house worth an dhow much is outstanding on the mortgage?When was the incident with the Police?Has she issued a Divorce Petition yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
house worth now £230000 . 450000 outstanding . incident was last year . no she hasn't done anything yet
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does a two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you understand that the site charges extra for a phone call - and would tomorrow be acceptable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
around £200000-300000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please provide answer onlinethanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcomeAre there any other assets and what income do they each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is not working my sister get about 23000 pa . he is on benefit .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry no other asset . my sister owns a car value £1500