Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can my wife demand I sell her my half of a property jointly

can my wife demand I sell her my half of a property jointly owned..
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully answer your question: - Are you in England or Wales?- Who is the property jointly owned with?- Are you going through a divorce with your wife?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England,,,,the property is owned jointly by my wife and I in separate names....no divorce as yet
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. At this time, if it is jointly owned the only way she can force a sale is for her to pursue an application to court and the court will decide whether to force a sale of the property.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you